Our Harm Reduction Team provides confidential and anonymous support for people who use substances by supplying injection and inhalation drug tools, Naloxone (Narcan), and overdoes prevention training to help reduce the harm and risks associated with substance use disorder.
Working closely with the Hepatitis C Team, people can be screened for Hepatitis C and connected to care timely and seamlessly. The team can also offer testing for other STBBI’s, addiction services, counselling, and primary care. The Harm Reduction and Overdose Prevention Team provides accepting and non-judgmental support for those who use drugs or are affected by a person who sufferers from substance use disorder.
Our Harm Reduction Team is able to provide the following services and resources:
- Safer injection and inhalation drug supplies
- Safer drug use and prevention education
- Overdose prevention training
- Naloxone (Narcan) kits and refills
- Support and referrals to addiction services
- Connecting to Hep C, HIV, and STBBI testing
- Connecting to Primary Care and Counselling